Saturday, February 27, 2010

Planning for 2010

Planning for 2010

This blog has been inactive for a few months as I built a following on two other blogs and recorded our early retirement activity on another. My genealogy blog now is approaching 100 followers and my book blog is approaching 50 followers.

I am also nearing publication of my first fiction book, which has a family oriented, farm based, family succession and alternative revenue sources set of themes, among others. In an attempt to focus my whole body of work, this blog, as noted in the revised mission statement above, will henceforth focus on:

1. Family succession planning, especially for farms and ranches, and

2. Alternative revenue sources for farms and ranches.

Now, recognize that most other business related topics can be related to the above two priorities, so, the work continues.

I am getting this first blog post on the records so that a few of you will pick up my priorities on a Google Alert or search and perhaps leave me a note.

I would be especially interested to hear from you if you are within 100 or so of the Branson, MO, area in SW MO (that would be SE Kansas, NE OK, and northern Arkansas as well as SW and Central MO. I hope to, perhaps, be available to put on workshops or seminars starting in the summer, for clubs or organizations. In addition to my professor background in business, my work with the Kansas Flint Hills Tourism Coalition over the past five years and more are very applicable. These will all be spelled out in more detail here over the next few months.

Please leave comments. One other thing - who do you know that is out and about doing good work in this area in this region? I'll be learning this, myself, but your referrals would be most useful. Neil Harl, at Iowa State University, was our guru in Western Iowa in the 1970s and 1980s... who is yours, now? I'm the new guy... but I love to work with the experts!

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

Dr. Bill - I love to share, I hope you do to! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Bill....you continue to be a super resource for rural America....thanks for your continued efforts!

    ps...you are right, my google alert picked you up. It's such a cool tool ;-)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Google Alerts!! ;-)

    I love your "name" by the way!

    Looks like you have a great Symphony program, again, this year... and an especially neat site!

    Please become a follower, here, and we'll keep in touch.

    Bill ;-)

    ReplyDelete